Introducing Gateway: A SaaS and IaaS e-Discovery Solution Powered by Discovia
What is Gateway?
Gateway is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) eDiscovery solution built and managed by Discovia. Gateway gives law firms and corporations the ability to take a “self-service” approach to managing part or all of their eDiscovery requirements, while removing the burden of infrastructure investment and management. It also extends burst support capacity as needed through Discovia’s world-class team of project managers and technical experts.
Gateway is the first SaaS and IaaS offering to integrate multiple best-in-class industry software solutions in a single solution that delivers workflow flexibility and customization. In addition, Gateway integrates seamlessly with all of Discovia’s proprietary data management systems, quality control processes and reporting tools. All data is housed in Discovia’s third-party certified ISO 27001, HIPAA compliant environment. As a Gateway client, your environment looks and feels like your own, while being powered by industry experts, processes and technology that maximize your flexibility, minimize your cost and infrastructure burden, and help you sleep better at night.
Why did we build Gateway and for whom is Gateway a fit?
We pride ourselves on understanding the needs of our clients and prospective customers. Over the past few years, we have heard an increasing desire among some of our clients to be able to manage part or all of their eDiscovery footprint autonomously, without needing to pick up the phone or send an email to Discovia. At the same time, these clients shared with us that they would love to be free from the “total cost of ownership” burden of managing hardware infrastructure, choosing and supporting best-of-breed software tools, and gaining critical data security credentials. We listened and then we went to work on creating a solution to their needs.
We launched Gateway to meet these dual requirements of self-service eDiscovery management and outsourced eDiscovery infrastructure. We believe that Gateway is likely a fit for law firms and corporations with some of all of the following characteristics:
- An internal team in place (or being hired), and there is an associated desire to increase the team’s utilization/efficiency.
- Small, quick turnaround projects are frequent and it is challenging to hit deadlines.
- Infrastructure management is a headache, is overly expensive / burdensome, or is not an attractive option.
- Data security is a concern and all data must be hosted in an environment that complies with the highest industry standards.
- Internal software solutions / tools are not optimal, up-to-date or best of breed.
- End-users are not raving fans of the “customer experience.”
- Overall caseload fluctuates week to week, month to month.
How can you benefit from Gateway?
Clients can benefit from Gateway in a number of ways, including the following:
- The ability to handle projects autonomously, from start to finish.
- Small eDiscovery projects can be turned around rapidly.
- Zero capital expenditure needed on infrastructure.
- All data secured in a world-class environment with third-party certified infrastructure and processes.
- Lower “cost of ownership” around managing and maintaining software.
- Constant access to the latest versions of the best tools in the industry.
- The ability to leverage Discovia’s case management tools to improve the end-user experience.
- An experienced team of professionals who can step in when your internal staffing hits capacity (you can scale up at a moment’s notice).
How does Gateway differ from competing offerings?
Only Discovia has integrated its offering with multiple industry-leading review platforms – including Relativity, Eclipse and Brainspace. Unlike the offerings from software development companies, Gateway clients have the comfort of knowing Discovia’s client services experts can step in to support your workflow at a moment’s notice.
|Discovia||Relativity One||Logikull, Everlaw, CS Disco||Other eDiscovery Service Providers|
|Provides self-serve, end-to-end capability||X||X||X||X|
|Infrastructure managed for you||X||X||X||X|
|Support from a proven eDiscovery services team||X||X|
|Integrated with Multiple, industry leading ECA and review platforms||X|
|Access to Discovia’s proprietary QC processes, case management systems, workflows and reporting||X|
What are some of the key features of Gateway?
Some of Gateway’s key features include:
- Flexibility to use your team or Discovia’s experienced professionals as needed
- Integrated with multiple proven, industry-leading review platforms – including Relativity, Eclipse and Brainspace – with the ability to layer on new technology quickly and easily
- Production-grade environment
- Highly customizable to your unique internal workflows
- Full integration with Discovia’s QC processes / workflow tools / script library
- Full integration with Discovia’s work order / tracking system
- Discovia management of all of the hardware setup, configuration and support of the environment
- Custom workflow playbook built with / for you as needed
- Dedicated support team of experts assigned to you
- Onsite or online training offerings to support your entire team
- Consistent innovative updates to the Gateway environment from our development team.
Where will data be housed?
Your data will be housed in Discovia’s third-party certified ISO 27001, HIPAA-compliant environment. It’s important to note that – unlike some of our competitors – we are certified on our end-to-end process, not just the data centers. Moreover, both our ISO and HIPAA certifications are third-party audited by Schellman & Co.
We have more than 120 specific security controls, illustrating how data security is a “way of life” at Discovia. In fact, we employ a full-time, dedicated in-house data security analyst on our team.
How can you learn more about Gateway?
If you would like to discuss Gateway with us, share your needs / situation, talk about implementation, learn about our pricing models, or anything else, please reach out to a member of our sales team directly, or contact our President of Sales firstname.lastname@example.org.